A little about Dan...
Dan Bos has more than 13 years of experience as a physiotherapist. He’s the head physiotherapist for the Yale Hockey Academy and has spent the past seven years as a consulting physiotherapist for various NHL, AHL, WHL and junior hockey teams and players. He also has a certification in Manual Therapy which has allowed him to thoroughly study spinal and cranial mechanics as it relates to injury and nervous system stress.
But repair work isn’t the only thing Dan focuses on. Because, if there’s one thing his years of experience have taught him, it’s the importance of treating the body holistically and searching to find the cause of a problem versus just trying to fix it. Or, in Dan’s own words, “All athletes, training staff and medical professionals need to understand that treating ‘concussion’ injuries requires knowing the connection between the nervous system and structure, muscle control, joint stability, nutrition and cranial-sacral balance.”
- Consultant Physiotherapist for 30 NHL players
- Head Physiotherapist for NET360 Professional Goalie Camps
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics (Exercise Science), University of British Columbia
- Intermediate Manual Therapy Certification, Orthopaedic Physiotherapy Division
- Advanced Manual Therapy Certification, Orthopaedic Physiotherapy Division
- Certificate in Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Certified Shift Concussion Management Practitioner
- Owner of Abbotsford Sports & Orthopaedic Physiotherapy since 2008.